Don't listen to them. They're just jealous of your shoes.

Wednesday 16 June 2010

The epitemy of me.

"Stormy Weather" - Etta James.... The link wouldnt work. soz.
This song, a few months ago, summed up my life, feelings, and just general mood.
Its part of the"A Single Man" soundtrack- a film starring Colin Firth and Nick Hoult which you HAVE to watch. I saw the film in March, a day after splitting up with my boyfriend, and although it wasnt a soppy romantic film, this song- which isnt a major feature, actually made me cry as i felt it summed up how I was feeling.
Its one of those cathartic songs I like to listen to when feeling a bit mellow or upset- which, if im honest, is mostly very unhelpful, but I like to mope sometimes.
Plus, Etta james is simple MAGNIFICENT. Check out "at last" as well. The woman is genius.
Victoria
x

1 comment: